Oliver “O.T.” Thomas is a servant leader with a proven track record of getting things done. As a son of the Lower Ninth Ward and a resident of New Orleans East, Oliver truly understands the challenges and opportunities of ALL of District E. His experience in City government is unmatched, and his record of accomplishments is undeniable. Bottom line, Oliver knows how to get things done! He will not only be our voice, he will be OUR CHAMPION, just as he was during his previous service on the New Orleans City Council.
Support the campaign
November 27th - December 4th
O.T. will move us forward
Restore Our Community
This movement is about progress for the citizens of New Orleans East and the Lower 9th Ward. It's about changing the perception, rebranding a community, cultivating economic development, and getting back to the community that residents worked hard for and invested in.
Our residents deserve to feel proud of their community. I'll work with city agencies to ensure our streets are clean, our roads repaired, lights are working, update outdated infrastructure, and get rid of blight.
New Orleans East and The Lower 9 should not lead in crime. I'll prioritize public safety by addressing police presence to ensure a fair balance of officers to cover our neighborhoods and crime hot spots, implement aggressive youth programs that will give our youth opportunities, and institute a task force for conflict resolution in schools.
My office will serve as a community resource that will be open and available for all residents. We will quickly respond to issues and involve residents in neighborhood plans to ensure that they meet the needs of the community.
A PROUD SON OF DISTRICT E
- Born and raised in the Lower Ninth Ward
- Current Resident of New Orleans East
- Walter McHardy Elementary School
- Alfred Lawless Junior High School
- Joseph S. Clark High School
- College of Santa Fe, Bachelor of Arts
- Loyola University New Orleans, Institute of Politics
- Harvard Kennedy School of Government,
Senior Executives in State and Local Government
PROVEN EXPERIENCE AND LEADERSHIP
- Legislative Aide, New Orleans City Council
- New Orleans City Councilman, District B (1994-2002)
- New Orleans City Councilman At-Large (2002-2007)
- New Orleans City Council President
- Chairman, Budget Committee
- Chairman, Utilities Committee
- Chairman, Housing and Human Needs Committee
- Chairman, Recovery Committee
- Chairman, Riverfront Development Advisory
- Chairman, Finance Authority of New Orleans
- Founder, Boys2Men Mentoring